Saturday, November 24, 2012

This is exciting!

In addition to my beautiful wife, amazing children and the best granddaughter in the world, I have two passions: my faith and love for Jesus and birding! And this blog is for the birds!

I have had my best year birding in Maine ever this year; adding multiple birds to my life list, Maine list and a Maine year list that shattered my old record of 219 species in Maine in one year! I am now at 237 with a whole month to go! That makes me #17 in the state with ebird, which is pretty impressive I think, given I work full time and have several weeks a year when I can't get away for even half a day.

So, I'll use this blog to record my adventures, sightings, bird news and thoughts, and of course, some pictures too!

One of the reasons I've gotten so many birds this year is that my brother-in-law, Bob has dragged me out on several awesome adventures. And, I am sure we will have lots more, but just to get started i thought a picture he took on a very cold day on the back side of Baxter State Park would be appropriate: a spruce grouse!
.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogland!! You're off to a great start. I am looking forward to reading about your birding adventures!

    ReplyDelete